On June 30, 2011, the Most Senior Venerable Thich Quang Do, Acting President f the UBCV’s Institute of the Sangha signed Church’s Decree number 13 to promote 3 Venerables to the ranks of The Most Venerable. The three Venerables are: Thich Phuoc Nhon, Thich Vien Ly, and Thich An Duc.
The following is the Church’s Decree:
THE UNIFIED BUDDHIST CHURCH OF VIETNAM
THE INSTITUTE OF THE THE SANGHA
Thanh Minh Zen Monastery, 90 Tran Huy Lieu, 15th Ward, Phu Nhuan District, Saigon City
Buddhist Calendar Year 2555 Number: 13/VTT/GC/XLTV
ACTING PRESIDENT OF THE INSTITUTE OF THE SANGHA
CHURCH’S DECREE PROMOTING TO THE RANKS OF THE MOST VENERABLE
- Based on the UBCV’s Constitution, edited on December 12, 1973
- Based on the Document from the UBCV’s 7th Conference, organized from January 21-13, 1977, electing the Institute of the Sangha’s new Management Board for the 1977 – 1979 term.
- Based on the Document from the UBCV Emergency Conference to reinforce personnel for the Bi-Institutional Council, convened at Nguyen Thieu Monastery in Binh Dinh City from September 28 to October 1st, 2003.
- Based on Reporting Document from the Most Senior Venerable Thich Ho Giac, Deputy Patriarch of the UBCV on June 29, 2011.
- Based on Dharma needs.
ARTICLE 1: The following Venerables are promoted to the ranks of The Most Venerables:
- The Venerable Thich Phuoc Nhon, General Finance Officer of the 2nd Office, The Institute for the Dissemination of Dharma;
- The Venerable Thich Vien Ly, General Secretary of the 2nd Office, The Institute for the Dissemination of Dharma and the Overseas UBCV in The United States of America;
- The Venerable Thich An Duc, Lecturer of the 2nd Office, The Institute for the Dissemination of Dharma
ARTICLE 2: The Office of the Institute of the Sangha, the Primary and 2nd Office, Overseas UBCV in all Continents, the UBCV Representatives’ Committees in Cities, Provinces, and Districts are responsible for carrying out this Church’s Decree.
Thanh Minh Zen Monastery, June 30, 2011
Acting President of the Institute of the Sangha
and President of the UBCV’s Institute for the Dissemination of Dharma.
(Signed and Sealed)
Sramana Thich Quang Do